The HAF programme is aimed at providing healthy food and enriching activities for primary and secondary school aged children who are eligible for benefit related free school meals.
HAF sessions are fully funded by the Department for Education (DfE).
During the certain holidays (currently Summer, Christmas and Easter), eligible children will be able to access four, four-hour sessions for four weeks of the holiday, at no cost. The sessions will include a healthy meal and a variety of exciting activities and sports.
Is my child eligible?
Your child will be able to access a HAF funded place if you are in receipt of any of the following:
● Income Support
● Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
● Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
● Child Tax Credit – but no element of Working Tax Credit – and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190
● If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
● Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
● Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or
after you start to work less hours per week
● Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (as from 1 April 2018).
If your child normally receives Universal Infant Free School Meals (in Reception, Y1 and Y2) but you do not meet the criteria for ‘income-related Free School Meals’, your child will not be eligible for a HAF funded place during the holidays.
If you think that your child is eligible for an income-related Free School Meal under the above criteria, but you have not yet registered, please go to https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
How do I book a place?
- Before you contact us at Abington Annexe, you must email the HAF Team at
email@example.com providing your child’s name, date of birth and the school that they attend. The HAF team will then send you your unique booking reference number.
- You can then contact us at Abington Annexe – contact details below. When you book your place, you will be asked to complete a parent/carer eligibility check declaration form. You must ensure that you include your unique booking reference number on that declaration form.
The Council will match name, date of birth and school data with information held about free school meal eligible children to identify families who may be eligible to benefit from the Holiday Activity and Food (HAF) Programme.
Contact us at Abington Annexe (do this once you have your HAF booking reference number):
Telephone: 01223 894246